How Stress Impacts Immune Function
Whether you’re trying to heal from a chronic illness or fight an acute infection, you cannot properly heal when your nervous system is out of whack.
Anecdotal evidence and published scientific studies show that experiencing prolonged stress negatively impacts the immunological state and that prolonged elevated psychological stress is associated with increased risk of infection by respiratory viruses.
Understand how stress impacts your immunity when you join the Mind, Body & the Vagus Nerve Connection Summit!
Because of the demands of modern life and the prevalence of unresolved emotional trauma and lack of ability to handle stress effectively, many people can activate their sympathetic (fight-or-flight) response very readily, but they often struggle to switch it off because of low vagal tone.
This limits the ability to activate the rest-digest-detoxify-heal part of the nervous system and over time, this leads to chronic inflammation and poor gut function and consequently, can result in pretty much any chronic disease, including autoimmunity and cancer.
Mind, Body & the Vagus Nerve Connection Summit will discuss:
- Functions of the vagus nerve
- The vagus nerve’s role in immunity
- Connection between healthy vagus function & a healthy gut & biome
- Links between infections, mitochondrial health & vagus function
- Techniques to boost your vagus nerve function
- And so much more!
Learn how you can balance your nervous system when you join the Mind, Body & the Vagus Nerve Connection Summit!
Eva Detko, PhD, MSc, mIAHT, has gathered the right experts, information and protocols to help you understand the importance of toning and strengthening your vagus nerve function for optimal health.
Every day she helps her clients overcome complex health issues by helping them restore their autonomic nervous system balance, which is critical to healing from any chronic condition.
She’s here to help you by sharing that wisdom.
Be sure to mark your calendar for day 1 on August 16-22, 2021!
When you Register for Mind, Body & the Vagus Nerve Connection Summit, you’ll also unlock early-access interviews, complimentary guides and helpful eBooks about living your most resilient life!
Each day's talks are on demand for a 24-hour period beginning at 10:00 A.M. U.S. Eastern.
DAY 1: AUGUST 16, 2021
- Navaz Habib, DC, AFMCP: Symptoms & Root Causes of Vagus Nerve Dysfunction
- Rollin McCraty, PhD: Heart Rate Variability as a Measure of Vagus Function
- Peter Kan, DC, DACNB, FAAIM: Vagus Nerve Stimulation & Neuroplasticity
- Alex Howard: Optimizing Vagus Function to Promote Healing
- Niki Gratrix, BA, Dip ION, NANP: Connecting the Vagus Nerve, Emotions & Gut Function
- Ben Lynch, ND: Epigenetics of Chronic Stress
- Eva Detko, PhD, MSc, BA (Hons), mIAHT: Vagus Nerve Stimulation Session of the Day: Guided Meditation
DAY 2: AUGUST 17, 2021
- Daniel Pompa, PScD: Environmental Toxins & Autonomic Dysfunction
- Bridgit Danner, LAc, FDNP: How Mold Toxicity Damages Your Nervous System
- Jay Davidson, DC, PScD: Impact of Infections on Mitochondrial & Vagus Function
- Lloyd Burrell: Electro-Magnetic Fields & Your Nervous System
- Nasha Winters, ND, FABNO, Lac: How Dysfunctional Sleep Affects Your Vagus Nerve
- Dwight Jennings, DDS: Jaw Misalignment, Substance P & Nerve Issues
- Véronique Desaulniers, DC: Vagus Nerve Stimulation & Cancer Prognosis
- Alex Howard: Vagus Nerve Stimulation Session of the Day: Guided Meditation
DAY 3: AUGUST 18, 2021
- Craig Weiner, DC: EFT, Polyvagal Theory and the Mind-Body Connection
- Ronald Ruden, MD, PhD: Havening Techniques for De-Encoding Trauma
- Abi Blakeslee, SEP, CMT, MFT, PhD: Healing Trauma with Somatic Experiencing
- Kimm Sun, CNM: Impact of Birth Trauma Across Lifetime
- Lucia Capacchione, PhD, ATR, REAT: Reclaiming Your Inner Child
- Jason Prall: Attachment Trauma and Social Connection
- Joan Rosenberg, PhD: Dealing with Loss & Other Undesirable Feelings
- Craig Weiner, DC: Vagus Nerve Stimulation Session of the Day: Emotional Freedom Techniques
DAY 4: AUGUST 19, 2021
- Bruce H. Lipton, PhD: Biology of Belief
- Colleen-Joy Page, MCC: Building Self-Awareness with Enneagram
- Gloria Latham: Activating Self-Love Through Kundalini Yoga
- Eva Detko, PhD, MSc, BA (Hons), mIAHT: Impact of Perfectionism on Heart Rate Variability
- Sifu Anthony Korahais: Moving Meditation & Functional Breathing
- Ryan Wohlfert, DC, CCSP
- Gloria Latham: Vagus Nerve Stimulation Session of the Day: Heart Chakra Yoga
DAY 5: AUGUST 20, 2021
- Darren Weissman, DC: Connecting Energy, Emotions & the Physical Body
- Misa Hopkins: Healing Your Nervous System with Sound
- Ameet Aggarwal, ND: Rebalancing the Gut-Brain Axis with Homeopathy
- Keith Scott-Mumby, MD, MB CHB, PhD: Frequency-Specific Microcurrent Therapy
- Harry Massey: PEMF Therapy and Heart Rate Variability
- Misa Hopkins: Vagus Nerve Stimulation Session of the Day: Vagus Nerve Sound Healing
DAY 6: AUGUST 21, 2021
- Lisa Shaver, ND, MSOM: Dysfunctional Digestive Sequence, Vagus Nerve & SIBO
- Trudy Scott, CN: Balancing Neurotransmitters to Optimize Vagus Function
- Partha Nandi, MD, FACP: Microbiome & Vagus Nerve Connection
- Christine Schaffner, ND: Link between Liver, Gallbladder & Vagus Function
- Tiffany Caplan, DC, CFMP, BCIM, IFMCP: Impact of Dysfunction on Inflammation & Autoimmunity
- Justin Marchegiani, DC:
- Eva Detko, PhD, MSc, BA (Hons), mIAHT: Vagus Nerve Stimulation Session of the Day: Affirmational Havening
DAY 7: AUGUST 22, 2021
- Jodi Cohen, NTP: Vagus Nerve Stimulation with Essential Oils
- Wendy Myers, FDN-P: Effect of Sauna Therapy on Heart Rate Variability
- Anne-Lise Miller, CNHC: Colon Hydrotherapy and Your Enteric Nervous System
- Eva Detko, PhD, MSc, BA (Hons), mIAHT: Increasing Heart Rate Variability With Movement
- John Easterling: Supporting Your Nervous System with Botanicals
- Tom O'Bryan, DC, CCN, DACBN: Foods That Lower Your Vagal Tone
- Terry Wahls, MD: Eating Smart for Healthy Nerve Function
- Gloria Latham: Vagus Nerve Stimulation Session of the Day: 2-minute Burnout Recovery